Monday, December 7, 2009

Decisions

I have trouble making decisions. It's as if my brain is so crammed full of stuff that one more thing, like a decision, will make it explode. Last week I had Internet connectivity issues. Rather than deal with it directly it took me three days to decide to call my service provider. Then it was another three days in figuring out what they were telling me to do. Long story short, I have lots of blogs posts that have not been posted. I will catch up this week, I promise. Sincere thanks to all of you who called or emailed to check on me. It's nice to know so many of you are reading this, that so many of you do care.

My counselor friend suggests I put off making any decision that is not urgent. Stop with the sorting of Colby's stuff, for now. I do not need to make those decisions today. Or tomorrow. Another suggestion is to not put myself in situations where I have to make a lot of decisions. If I have to go somewhere and someone else can drive, let them.

It is amazing all the decisions we each make every day, every hour. What to eat, what to wear, what to do, who to call, which way to go. The decisions are endless, and right now for me, overwhelming. My support group people and counselors all tell me I am right where I should be in my grief process. I am four months into a three-year deal and that is just for Phase 1. So no unnecessary decisions. I'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment