Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Interpretations

I have a great counseling session today. This, along with talking to my psychiatric friends helps me piece together some possible meanings of my dreams. If nothing else, the following has given me a lot to think about, especially as I do not disagree with any of it. Scroll back to earlier posts if you need a refresher on the dreams. Most are within the last few weeks.

1. In each dream Colby is in some way helping me. That thought brings me a lot of comfort.

2. The small pieces of red color in each dream can indicate that I have unresolved anger. I do not feel angry, but it might be because I won’t admit to myself that I am, indeed, quite angry. The dreams could be my brain's way of trying to deal with that.

3. I have people helping me in each dream. So, even though I am virtually alone as far as family is concerned, the dreams shows that I have many people who have, and will, assist me when I need it.

4. In each dream Colby has either been happy or peaceful. That, too, is comforting.

5. In the most recent dream, the one with my “twin,” the twin could represent another side of myself.

6. That my twin is trying to kill me could represent my internal struggle as I come to terms with Colby’s passing.

7. When I wrap leather around my wrists and ankles in that same dream, it might mean that horses are essential to my survival. There is a lot of leather associated with horses and the accompanying equipment.

8. The gray color that is in all the dreams can mean a denial of emotion, or it can indicate depression.

9. The brown could mean that I have unanswered questions, or that I am in denial, or it could mean I am yearning for things to get back to basics.

10. Yellow is a sign of intellect and focus, and the yellow headbands in the “twin” dream could mean I am trying to figure things out.

11. That I see Colby in each dream wearing light blue or white might indicate hope, healing and spiritual awareness.

12. The green grass I see in each of my dreams and the green sweaters in the twin dream might show my need for healing, balance and harmony.

13. That I chose to protect myself in the twin dream might indicate my survival instinct is kicking into gear.

14. When I “buried” Colby half way in the most recent dream, it could mean I am in the middle of holding on to him and letting go.

15. The animals in my dreams show my strong connection to them, and they to me.

16. That my twin showed supernatural powers when she turned into Spiderwoman, along with my ability to leap over fences in the dream, possibly is a sign of mental strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment