Friday, July 31, 2009

Plans, July 29, 2009, 7:19 p.m.

Today the shock begins to wear off and is replaced by deep sadness. I continue to be so grateful for the phone calls, donations, love, prayers and support. I am very blessed in this way.

Many have asked and I now know that Colby's Celebration of Life event will be Wednesday, August 12 at 6:00 p.m. at the Event Pavilion at Centennial Park in Nashville. This is the covered area near the back of the park near the flower garden. It's a come-as-you-are memorial and those who wish to speak a few words about Colby will be able to do so. In lieu of flowers we will be making an announcement soon about a wonderful non-profit that helps people like Colby. Please help spread the word and tell all you know. Colby would be pleased to see his many friends together.

It was a busy day and I am very tired. Hopefully I can sleep. I did eat a little and that helps. I have many thoughts about different ways Colby's passing can help others. After the Celebration of Life we'll gather all who are interested by phone, as many people who want to help are in areas outside of Nashville, to discuss possibilities. In this way together we can make Colby's life and death meaningful and helpful to others for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment