Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Challenges

Today I get through the day with a little help from my friends. Some days are like that. Impossible to deal with on my own. Today held many meltdowns. Many challenges. But each time someone stepped in to help in one way or another. Thank you. You know who you are.

We often forget that the littlest thing can mean the world to someone else. A smile, a prayer, a helping hand. Colby understood that. So do many of his friends. But at times we all forget. When we are having a good day we sometimes forget that an encouraging word can mean the world to someone who is having a bad day.

When Colby was younger we sometimes had a contest: how many nice things could we do for the other in a minute or less. Colby always won. I'm not sure when we got out of the habit of doing that. Life happens, and we forget.

I've had a lot of bad days lately, but I have found the best way to get through it is to help someone else through their day. That is not always possible. Some days, like today, are beyond that. But I won't forget. For reaching out, helping others, is the best way for me to help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment