Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Poem

These are not my words, but they express what I often cannot.

"May I Be Excused"
by Trevor Romain

Dear God,
May I be excused just for the day
from the lessons of life in this huge classroom
where we live and learn?

I am finding the lessons of this earth too hard to learn.

Just for the day, can I stop to rest in a quiet place
and lay down my head.

As you know, I have lost my son,
and the role is too hard for me to play on this day,
the words spoken are false
my face is a mask, and my smiles are fake.
The only truth I see is love, and that I find hard to see today

So please, God
may I have this day
just for me
no worries
no lessons
no pain
just my inner peace that's been missing for some time.

Please God may I be excused.
Just for the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment