Friday, September 25, 2009

Drained

I am emotionally drained. Here at my mom's I look at old family photos and wonder what will happen to them when I am gone. It would be a tragedy to destroy them, to so dishonor these good people and their lives, their stories, but who will be interested? I know I am supposed to do something with the photos, maybe do a family history and put it on Amazon.com as a free e-book, but the thought is overwhelming and I know that time is not here, not yet, not now. It will have to wait.

Today it is two months since Colby passed. Both my mom and I are worried about getting through Colby's birthday, which comes up in 5 days. It will be an emotional day, but one I hope to celebrate with some joy, somehow. I will spend the drive back to Tennessee tomorrow thinking of something. In the meantime, I sort photos and add some of Colby to the large pile of relatives who are no longer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment