Friday, August 7, 2009

Emotions

This morning is difficult. I call people who have answers I need for Colby's Celebration of Life event but no one is in. Little frustrations build quickly and I crawl back in bed to cry. I know brisk exercise helps, so I go for a fast walk then make some headway with work in the afternoon.

In the evening I load Colby's bike in the back of the truck and drive to a nearby greenway, a park-like area that connects several neighborhoods via paved trails. Several of Colby's friends think he had an encampment we have not yet found in or near the greenway, so I ride around and look under bridges and bushes. I quickly realize any site Colby may have stayed at will be impossible to find without further information. I want to find it, though, because there are several things Colby frequently carried with him that are still missing: his skateboard, a large (10 x 13 or so) soft-sided CD case filled with much of his favorite music, a few items of clothing he wore frequently. If anyone has an idea where the spot might be or where the missing items are, please let me know. I'd love to have them.

Tonight I have trouble concentrating. I miss my son so much. There are so many people in this world who need help. Please reach out to them. Please do not give up, and remember that some small thing you might say or do can save someone's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment