Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Food

Yesterday I ate a meal. This was the first meal I've eaten since Colby passed. This isn't to say I haven't eaten, but until yesterday I just picked at food. I lost 12 pounds the first 4 days, then have steadily dropped since. I gave up stepping on the scale at when I was down 16 pounds. A friend who is also a psychologist tells me there is a medical term for this. It is called the "grief diet." It wasn't that I wasn't hungry or that I didn't want to eat. I just couldn't swallow.

On Saturday, August 29, the Bellview Masonic Lodge in Bellevue, TN will host a pancake breakfast from 7-11 am in Colby's honor. I was so touched when I heard they wanted to do this. Colby had studied the Mason's a lot and thought a lot of them. If you are in the Nashville area, I know Colby would have loved a big turn out. There is more information on the main page of his website at www.ColbyKeegan.info.

No comments:

Post a Comment