Monday, August 17, 2009

Gratitude

I feel I have been remiss in thanking everyone who is reading this blog and all who have been so supportive with emails and phone calls. There are so many I can't possibly return them all, but I read every email and I listen to each message. So thank you, all of you. You are a blessing to me, you keep me from feeling alone and lonely, you keep me going when my world is dark, you support and encourage me when I feel I can't go on. I absolutely could not get through this time in my life without you. I know many of you are grieving as well, either for Colby or another loved one, and I especially thank you for reaching out through your own pain to comfort me.

Today was an emotional day. Lots of tears after several "numb" days. I did get some work done. Not enough, but some. I try to get back into the normal flow of life, but it is hard. Colby's passing is still too fresh, too new.

At the beginning of this blog one of my goals was to provide a way for people to help others in Colby's name and I am working on that a little every day. I am ambitious in this area and do have a plan I think Colby would be proud of. I am still weeks, or possibly a month or more, away from sharing details. And I will need help. Your help. This will be a way for all of us to join together and make this world a better place and I can't think of a better legacy for my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment