Monday, August 17, 2009

Work

I am still overwhelmed by all I have to do and I worry about my lack of focus. I said in an earlier post that I felt as if I had, in the blink of an eye, developed ADD. I still feel that way. I have the attention span of a gnat. I decide to break everything into time chunks. Thirty minutes of solid focused work on one project, then switch to another for thirty minutes. Half an hour feels like an extraordinary amount of time. I will be lucky to stay on task for 30 seconds, much less 30 minutes. But I must try. By the end of the day I hopefully can make progress.

I have also forgotten to mention that Colby's skateboard has been found! Colby had left it with a friend who brought it to his Celebration of Life. Thank you so very much for returning it to me! I bought Colby his first skateboard when he was 9, and he spent many, many hours perfecting moves and using it to get from one point to another. This board, his last board, is so undeniably Colby that I know it will be one of his treasured possessions that I keep forever.

2 comments:

  1. I bought him that board. We picked it out at Essex...well..I say we picked it out but, we found it, digging through stuff we were searching for to decorate our new duplex and we found a skateboard. He carried it around, and didnt ask me for it...but I knew he wanted it, and as we were walking up to the register he put it up all sad like...and I just looked at him like "Get the skateboard, you know I am getting you the skateboard" hahaa and he just smiled like "yeahhh I knew I was gettin it too!!" ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can't remember all the boards he or I bought over the years, along with all the wheels and bearings. There is a stack of boards and extra skateboard parts in the basement and he was always tinkering with them, combining parts to make different kinds of boards. I'm glad you helped keep that part of him going. He loved getting out and jumping over and off railings and steps and anything else he could find!

    ReplyDelete