Friday, August 21, 2009

Music

Music was a huge part of Colby's life and this morning I try to listen to music. Mostly I can't. I look at his stacks and stacks of CDs and am overwhelmed with choices. He had such eclectic tastes in sound. I begin to post music (or links to music) on his web site in the links section. There will eventually be some of Colby's music and a few songs that meant something to Colby that we have permission to use. The first song is Mustang Sally's "The One That Got Away." It comes out on their debut CD next month. Colby helped me do this band's PR several years ago and everyone who has heard this song says it reminds them of Colby.

I had a rough night last night and today I wake up drained. Maybe I needed the emotional roller-coaster release yesterday. I am back to numb and for now, glad to be here. I read emails from new friends in the grieving parents support group, the group that no one wants to join. Apparently this host of emotions, the crying, the numbness, never completely goes away. They say it eventually gets "softer." For most that happens two to three years out. I can't imagine feeling like this forever. I document my feelings this morning in my notebook and begin another long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment