Thursday, August 13, 2009

Questions

After Colby's celebration I cannot sleep. I am awash with emotions and alternate between nervous crying and guilt numbness. Emotional release. It was a big day. I can't sleep so I pace the house. Can't sit, can't concentrate. This morning after I get in the truck is a little better. I drive to Knoxville to speak at a conference in silence. I still have trouble listening to music or talk radio. The quiet of my mind is better. I don't think, can't think. I exist and soon I am here. One of the first people I meet tells me of the loss of her son four years ago. It helps to talk about it and I know I am in the right place at the right time.

I sometimes question why I write this blog, then, like this morning I get close to 20 emails from people I don't know saying how much my words help them. That helps me. Thank you. I will keep writing my way through this process. I am told it could be a long process, which is good. I think I have a lot to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment