Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Website

Today is an emotional day and I try to stay busy. I work on Colby's website, which is a challenge as I've not done this before. I do get it up and hope it stays functional. If you want to check it out it is at www.ColbyKeegan.info. There is information on Colby and a guestbook where everyone who knew Colby can post stories so we can all laugh, share, cry and heal. I am working on several concepts that will allow people everywhere to better the world in Colby's name and will post information on all of that as soon as it is solidified. I am optimistic about the possibilities here, and thinking of the possibilities keeps me sane. For today anyway.

A friend of Colby's stops by. He is having a rough time, too. Good moments and bad mix his life as they do mine. He has not had an easy life and I tell him I think he is amazing. And I really do. For whatever reasons, some people are dealt a bad hand at birth. They have to work very hard just to pull themselves up to even. I can't imagine. He's been stopping by and I enjoy our visits very much. I hope, too, that he is not so hard on himself. I know how tough that can be as I am that way myself. He's a good kid, and smart. And he was a great friend to my son.

I keep busy, but still have several breakdowns today. One at the grocery store. Colby loved Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey. I pass a tall display of the beverage and begin to cry. Even though I bite my lips I don't stop the tears for 20 minutes. By then I am home putting away food I will probably never eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment